Friends of LSR at La Cimade in Beziers are working with their counterparts in Narbonne and Nice to collect food, clothing and personal hygiene supplies for refugees in the border camps at Ventimiglia and in Greece. A list of the needed supplies is attached. Please be sure that anything supplied is new or in good and clean condition. All donations can be left at the La Cimade office in Beziers (14 Rue de la Rotunde, near the train station, telephone 06 83 59 34 03) or at the Kilmer home in Nizas (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) before July 10th or we can pick up within the area. Please do what you can to help make the lives of these people a little bit better.
The Needs for Ventimiglia:
• For men: Shorts, T-shirts, kway, hats, pants / trousers / jeans (small, medium), sneakers / trainers or tennis shoes (shoe size from 42 to 46), Backpacks, sleeping bags, sanitary products (soap, shampoo, razors, toothpaste…)
. Food: Boxes or cans of tomatoes, tuna, sardines, chick peas, pasta (big bags), rice, biscuits, milk, coffee, tea, fruit juice (in mini-Brick, no pear juice), dried fruits, almonds, dates
• Fork, spoons, plates, plastic, household products
• Cell Phones: released with Wifi (if possible)
The Needs for Greece:
• Hygiene products for men, women, children:
Soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, razors and shaving foam, soothing creams, combs, sanitary towels, baby nappies / diapers, baby cream, soap, powder, etc.
• School supplies: notebooks, pencils, pens, erasers, drawing paper
• Sporting equipment, games, balls, rackets